The practice is now open
Hygiene and safety have always been of great importance to us, but during this return from the recent pandemic, we have made improvements, according to government and British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) guidelines, which are outlined below:
We cannot offer face to face appointments to anyone answers yes to the following questions:
In the last seven days:
1. Have you had a high temperature? (this can mean feeling hot to touch on your chest and back - you do not need to measure your temperature)
2. Have you had a new continuous cough? (this means coughing a lot for more than an hour or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours - if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
3. Have you lost sensations of taste or smell?
4. Have you had close contact (under 2 metres) with anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis or someone exhibiting the above three symptoms in the last 14 days?
7. Have you recently travelled abroad or been instructed by the government to quarantine?
8. Have you been contacted by the government and told to self-isolate for any reason?
In each of those cases, you would have been advised to self-isolate by the NHS, and we would be able to see you at the end of the isolation period.
Clinically Vulnerable People are those who are:
- Aged 70 or older (regardless of medical conditions)
- Under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below (that is, anyone instructed to get a flu jab each year on medical grounds):
- Chronic (long-term) mild to moderate respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or cerebral palsy
- A weakened immune system as the result of certain conditions, treatments like chemotherapy, or medicines such as steroid tablets
- Being seriously overweight (a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above)
- Pregnant women
Clinically Extremely Vulnerable People List:
- Solid organ transplant recipients.
- People with specific cancers:
- People with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy
- People with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
- People with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
- People having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
- People having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
- People who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
- People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary (COPD).
- People with rare diseases that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), homozygous sickle cell).
- People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase the risk of infection.
- Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired
What to Expect
We will contact you via email, phone or text and discuss if face to face consultation will be appropriate for you. We will then find a mutually suitable time for your appointment.
As part of the screening process, before your appointment, we ask that you let us know if you or anyone in your household has had Covid-19 symptoms in the past two weeks by answering the questions above.
Making an Appointment& Payment
We will book you into our diary and send you a confirmation text. Each of our practitioners will inform you about payment options and cancellation policy.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Please wear a face mask for your appointment. We will also be wearing a mask. We will wash our hands and forearms before, during and after treatment.
Arriving for your Appointment
Please attend alone and to avoid waiting at the reception area, please come on time for your appointment.
Travel light and bring the minimum possible with you.
When you enter the clinic, please wash your hands, and your practitioner will show you through.
Cleaning & Hygiene
We will be cleaning and airing the room between every appointment. All soft furnishings and linens have been removed. All equipment can now be wiped clean or is disposable.
Thank you for your co-operation, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.